Latvian Association of Local and Regional Governments (LALRG) is a non-governmental organization associating local governments of the Republic of Latvia on voluntary basis. In accordance with the law “On Self-Governments”, the LALRG has authority to represent all Latvian municipalities as the LALRG associates more than a half of all types of municipalities.
Main scope of work of the LALRG:
- Development of local and regional governments politics and protection of their interests.
- Trainings, expertise, methodological support and information distribution to municipalities.
LALRG has gained considerable experience in implementing different projects on various topics, incl.:
- Smart Governance and Performance Improvement of Latvian municipalities
- Policy and Public-Private Partnerships for offshore wind energy • Improving the energy performance of buildings, and
- Improving energy efficiency and promoting the use of Renewable Energy Sources